2. GENERAL INFORMATION COLLECTED In order to enhance the content contained on this Website, Association may gather and store certain information about your visit. “General Information” is information about you or your activities through which you cannot be identified. This information may include some or all of the following items:
- The Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) and/or your computer, if it has its own static IP address. The domain name may also be collected.
- The date, time, length of stay, and specific Association web pages, images, documents or forms accessed at this Website.
- Whether a visitor/user/customer is viewing the Website for the first time, or is a return visitor/user/customer.
- The Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the website that referred the visitor/user/customer to the Website, and/or the search engine that referred a visitor/user/customer and any search strings or phrases entered into the search engine to find this Website.
- Demographic information concerning the country of origin of the visitor/user/customer and language(s) used.
- The type and version of the Internet browser used to visit this Website, the operating system on the visitor/user/customer’s computer, and information regarding client errors viewing this Website.
The above list provides an example of the General Information that is collected via the Website. From time to time, Association may collect additional information from its users. Association collects this General Information and may use it to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to the Website. In situations where it is possible to do so, General Information may be linked to Personal Information.
3. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED “Personal Information” is information through which you can be identified. Providing your Personal Information to Association is each visitor/user/customer’s choice. Personal Information that Association may collect from you includes, but is not limited to your name, postal address(es), telephone number(s), facsimile number(s), e-mail address(es) as well as other non-public information that you voluntarily provide.
Your Personal Information is collected from our Website, through e-mail and/or through online applications you complete, requests for information and through your activities with Association. Personal Information that Association collects depends on the nature of your activities, including, but not limited to, whether you sign up for services through the Website, join our interest/mailing list and/or fill out our account application. For example, Personal Information submitted by you on the “Contact Us” web page is used by Association to enhance this Website or to reply to questions/comments made by the visitor/user/customer.
4. USE & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Use of Personal Information.
Association may also use your Personal Information, or a portion thereof, in several ways, including the following:
- to inform you of products, services, promotions and offers that you might find interesting;
- to respond to any queries you may have;
- to provide you with information regarding vendors with information that you may need or want;
- to provide you with Association newsletters;
- for internal verification, to complete requested transactions, ensure appropriate legal use of Association’s goods and/or services, provide notification to its visitors/users/customers about updates to Association’s Website, goods, services, and data, and to help provide technical and support for Association’s goods and services to its visitors/users/customers; and
- to understand general customer trends and patterns so that we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies if you have accepted to receive such contact or information (i.e., you have opted in and/or you have not opted out). Association may also use the services of bonded mailing houses that are authorized to use your Personal Information only for the benefit of Association. Please contact Association at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that you not be sent any or all of such information.
Disclosure of Personal Information.
Association may share or disclose your Personal Information (or portions thereof) with certain entities in the following instances:
- With other dealers. Your Personal Information may be shared with individual Honda dealers that are a part of Association (“Dealers”) as well as a third party database administrator that Association may hire to assist with the maintenance of the Website and any databases of information collected through the Website.
- To affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third party marketers or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your Personal Information for research, administrative and/or internal business purposes. These parties may use your Personal Information to contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information in this manner, please do not provide us with this information.
- With third parties (such as auditors or legal advisors) to obtain professional advice.
5. PUBLIC POSTING AREAS Association may make bulletin boards, chat rooms, guest books, job listing areas, message boards, news groups, and other community services available to you on the Website. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. When you disclose such information in a bulletin board, chat room, guestbook or any other public forum, you do so at your own risk. Association has no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information or any other information about yourself. The information presented in these areas reflects the views of the individual users or hosts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Association or any of its affiliates. Association reserves the right (but shall have no obligation) to monitor the use of bulletin boards, chat rooms, guestbooks or other public forums on the Website.
6. CONTACT BY ASSOCIATIONThe use of “Cookies” is a standard practice among websites. A Cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer to uniquely distinguish your visit to a website. Cookies are most often used to track specific information regarding your activity on a particular website. When you visit our Website, we place a Cookie in a directory of your computer’s hard drive. The information that Cookies collect may include the General Information, described above. For example, a Cookie may collect the date and time of your visit and your registration information. Cookies offer you many conveniences for our Website. For example, they allow Association to recognize certain information, such as your browser type, so we know if you can view certain plug-ins like Macromedia Flash files. They also allow us to streamline your visit to the Website based on your previous visits.
Some of the cookies we use may be “Flash” cookies. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a computer via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your computer. While they are harmless, depending on your browser, these cookies may not be deleted when your cookies are deleted or disabled and, in some instances, they may cause your cookies to reappear in your browser. Please check your browser to determine where these types of cookies are stored and how they may be deleted or disabled.
You may configure your browser to accept or deny Cookies from this Website. However, disabling or denying Cookies from this Website may render parts of it inaccessible or may cause certain web pages not to properly load. For more information on Cookies or to further understand their use and benefits, please see the U.S. Department of Energy’s Computer Incident Advisory Capability (CIAC) report at: http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletins/i-034.shtml.
7. CONTACT BY ASSOCIATION You do not have to participate in Association’s mailing lists (newsletters) in order to use this Website. However, if you elect not to receive such newsletters, you may miss valuable information on Association, its communities and/or its goods or services. Association will not contact you nor send you marketing materials, unless you have accepted to receive such contact or information.
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail or postal notifications about Association’s Website, goods, services, or special promotions, please let us know by using the “unsubscribe” link within the text of such e-mail or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending us a letter via U.S. Postal Mail at our address listed below (Attn: Opt Out of Mailing) and specifying in the text of your e-mail or letter which notifications you no longer wish to receive. In addition, within the text of your e-mail or letter, you should provide your exact name and address, so that we can do our best to ensure that you stop receiving the notifications that you no longer wish to receive. After such a request is received, Association will use reasonable efforts to refrain from including you when sending such notifications to Association’s visitors/users/customers by noting your opt out election in our database. While we will attempt to cease all communications immediately, please be aware that you may receive several messages while we are processing your request.
8. MAINTENANCE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION You can access your Personal Information contained in Association’s database by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that any of your information is incorrect or needs updating, please let us know either at the e-mail address listed in this section, or by U.S. Postal Mail to our address listed below (Attn: Information Access). Association will use reasonable efforts to correct your information and our records upon verification of the requested change.
9. CHILDREN Association does not knowingly solicit or collect information from children (defined as minors younger than thirteen (13) years of age). If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of eighteen (18) or the legal age of contract majority, and have authorized your child to use your computer, we urge you to instruct your child never to give out his or her Personal Information. If we discover that we are in possession of information provided by a child, we will destroy such information.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES This Website contains several links to other websites. Neither Association, nor any of its officers, directors, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents, representatives, vendors or suppliers of Association is responsible for the content, privacy policies, products, services, reliability, viewpoint, or accuracy of information on any such websites. We do not control and shall not be responsible for the collection of Personal Information by third party websites, including websites owned or controlled by any Dealers, American Honda Corporation, www.maptuit.com, or other vendors and/or websites not controlled or authorized by Association. Third party websites that are accessed through links on our Website have separate privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for the policies implemented by third parties on their websites. You should contact those third parties directly to ask questions about their privacy policies.
11. SECURITY The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access and improper use. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
Please be aware though that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so while Association strives to protect your Personal Information, Association cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you voluntarily give to Association.
Association reserves the right to monitor all network traffic to this Website to identify and/or block unauthorized attempts or intrusions to upload or change information or cause damage to this Website in any manner. Anyone using this Website expressly consents to such monitoring.
12. YOUR ARIZONA PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR RESIDENTS OF ARIZONA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the Arizona Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Information with third parties. If you reside in Arizona and have provided your Personal Information to Association, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at one of the following addresses:
U.S. Postal Mail:
By E-mail: email@example.com
Within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request, we will provide a list of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to third parties for third-party direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve our right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified in this section.
|U.S. Postal Mail:||Valley Honda Dealers Association|
|Attn:|| Privacy Rights
1658 10th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
© 2007 Valley Honda Dealers Association -- All Rights Reserved.
Updated and Effective as of: April 01, 2013