For decades, the Honda Accord has been the staple sedan of American streets, from the desert roads here in Mesa, AZ to the long stretches of Cali highways. Proud Accord owners all over the country have professed their love for this world-class car, citing its charming style, comfort, fuel efficiency, and value as contributing factors to their head-over-heels infatuation. But it’s the Accord’s natural ability to protect that pushes it over the top. Having earned an IIHS Top Safety Pick+ award, this year’s 2017 Honda Accord is the most-loved ever—and here’s why.
2017 Accord Safety Overview
With a vast collection of available and standard safety features, the all-new Accord isn’t just for show—it’s for showing off. And it all starts with the essentials.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera: You’ve told your kiddo to put their bike away a hundred times, but every morning there it is—right behind your Accord. With this standard rearview camera, you won’t have to worry about running over and turning those spokes into aluminum dust. Plus, the camera’s Dynamic Guidelines are kind of useful in busy Lancaster parking lots.
- Honda LaneWatch: “Blind spots are awesome,” said nobody ever. With the Accord’s integrated LaneWatch system, avoiding obstacles in your right-side blind spot is never a task. Just signal right, check the live video feed on your central display, and take care of business without injuring a neck muscle. LaneWatch even reveals 400% more than a standard side-view mirror.
- Lane Keeping Assist: If you begin to drift from your lane, whether that’s due to you nibbling on fries or falling asleep at the wheel (a big no-no), this lane-keep assist system will adjust the steering to push you back into the center.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Cruise control is so yesterday; the new popular kid in our Tempe schools is Adaptive Cruise Control, which allows you to set a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you rather than just speed. Your Accord will monitor the vehicle in front and alter its speed based on that distance setting. What a solution to Phoenix stop-and-go traffic.
- Collision Mitigation Braking: The 2017 Accord wants to keep you protected, but it’s got an air of selfishness to protecting itself, too. With Collision Mitigation Braking, the Accord will automatically stop when a collision is detected, which keeps you out of a neck brace and your car out of our Honda repair shop near Chandler, AZ. Wow, Accord—you’re self-centered.
- Road Departure Mitigation: Certain Accord trims also come equipped with a small camera and sensor to monitor road markings. If that camera sensor determines that you’re venturing from the road haphazardly, it’ll nudge you back into your lane and away from the great unknown.
Other notable standard safety features on the base Accord LX include:
- Anti-lock brakes
- Brake Assist
- Daytime running lights
- Dual-stage front airbags
- SmartVent® side airbags
- Side curtain airbags with Rollover Sensor
- Seat-Belt Reminder
- Convenient LATCH points
Now can you see why the 2017 Honda Accord tops the IIHS list for safest cars on the road?
Shop Smart & Drive Safe at Our Mesa Honda Dealerships
If a Top Safety Pick+ doesn’t turn you onto the 2017 Accord, perhaps a test drive at one of our Honda dealerships near Tempe, AZ will do you good. Not only is it one of the safest sedans on today’s market, but the Accord is also one of the finest cars ever. And it can be all yours with a visit to our Valley Honda Dealers!
Find your closest Honda dealer near Chandler or Phoenix, AZ to start your test-driving experience in the Accord. We also have a great selection of Honda deals available on many new models, including the Accord Hybrid, HR-V, and Odyssey. Just ask your local Honda dealer for more pricing information.
Sources & Photos: