Honda drivers love their vehicles—and for good reason. In 2017, Honda picked up a slew of awards and accolades for things like safety, technology, performance, and design.
For example, take the 2017 Ridgeline, Honda’s full-size pickup truck; it won the prestigious title of “North American Truck of the Year” at the 2017 North American International Auto Show. Pitted against popular contenders like the Ford F-250 Super Duty and Nissan Titan XD, the Ridgeline took home top honors thanks to innovative features like an in-bed storage trunk, the impressive Honda Sensing suite of active safety features, and a great new body design.
Honda Ridgeline – Photo: automobiles.honda.com
But the Ridgeline’s success is only part of the story. Honda’s 2017 models made well-respected reviewers from publications like Kelly Blue Book, Motor Trend and Car and Driver (to name a few) sit up and take notice. Here’s a sampling of all the other 2017 Honda awards that have been handed down.
IIHS & NHTSA Safety Ratings
The IIHS (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) awards are the automotive industry’s “gold standard” for safety, and vehicles that earn TSP (Top Safety Pick) and TSP+ (Top Safety Pick+) recognition are some of the safest vehicles on the road today. The NHTSA also hands out awards in the form of star reviews, for which many Honda vehicles made the grade.
Honda Civic – Photo: automobiles.honda.com
Here are the 2017 Honda models that received top grades from the IIHS and/or NHTSA:
- 2017 Honda Civic – The fun-to-drive, zippy little Civic won the IIHS’s TSP award in the small car sector for all three available models — the 4-door hatchback, coupe, and 2-door sedan — when equipped with front-crash protection. The 2017 Honda Civic also earned an overall 5-star rating from the NHTSA.
- 2017 Honda Accord – In the mid-size car sector, the Accord delivered, as usual, with the 2-door coupe snagging a TSP award and the 4-door sedan scoring the super-coveted TSP+ ranking. The NHTSA also gave the 2017 Accord five stars for safety.
- 2017 Honda CR-V – Honda’s feisty CR-V, with optional front-crash protection and upgraded headlights, took top safety honors with a TSP+ rating and 5-star grade.
- 2017 Honda Pilot – Ditto for Honda’s innovative mid-size SUV, the Pilot.
- 2017 Honda Ridgeline – The truck that won Truck of the Year in Detroit also picked up a TSP+ rating when outfitted with front-crash protection and specific headlights, as well as a near-perfect rating from NHTSA. It’s one of the only pickup trucks in its class to ever score so well.
- 2018 Honda Odyssey – The family-friendly minivan has alreadysnagged a TSP+ for 2018! Both the 2017 and 2018 Odyssey received 5-star reviews from the NHTSA, as well.
But wait: Safety isn’t all that makes the 2017 Honda lineup worthy of its many awards and accolades. Industry reviewers like Kelly Blue Book and Car and Driver also count Hondas among their 10 Most Awarded and 10Best lists for 2017.
Kelly Blue Book 10 Most Awarded
- The 2017 Honda CR-V: Awards include an inclusion on KBB lists such as 12 Best Family Cars, 10 Best SUVs, and 10 Best All-Wheel Drive.
- the 2017 Honda Civic: Awarded the top spot on the Small Car Best Buy List every year since the list’s inception, as well as the Overall Best Buy for 2017.
- the 2017 Honda Accord: The Accord won more KBB awards than any other 2017 car — period! They include KBB’s Midsize Car Best Buy, one of their 10 Best Sedans under $25K, one of their 10 Most Comfortable Cars Under $30K, and one of their Best Family Sedans.
Honda Accord – Photo: automobiles.honda.com
Car and Driver 10Best
The Honda Accord scored a spot on Car and Driver’s 10 Best Cars of 2017, as well! For over 4 decades—that’s 40 years, folks—the Accord has graced this 10Best list, which makes it the most award-winning sedan in the world.
It’s no coincidence that so many 2017 Hondas have been recognized by industry analysts and reviewers throughout the year. We’re confident that no matter what Honda fits your lifestyle, tastes, and budget, you’ll agree with what the experts think — Honda is synonymous with excellence.
Now is a great time to come and check out the leftover 2017 models at your local Valley Honda Dealers. Come test drive a 2017 Honda at one of our car dealerships around Phoenix or Tempe today! Find your nearest Honda dealer online for contact information and driving directions, and we’ll be sure to get your next new Honda ready.
Sources & Photos: