Your bundle of joy has finally arrived! You thought about safety at your home and prepared for your new arrival. You set up your nursery, had a baby shower, had all the coos and congratulations and well-wishes. But you may have forgotten one thing — your vehicle. How do you keep that bundle of joy safe there? Read on to find out.
Safest Honda Models
If you’re an experienced parent or are planning for a growing family, you may want the Honda Odyssey. In fact, you can have six car seats in it. Your ride will also be smoother in the 2020 model with the automatic ten speed transmission and its V6, 280-horsepower engine. Even better, it goes from 0 to 60 in under seven seconds.
Another great option is the Honda Pilot, which offers many of the same features as the Odyssey and you can choose whether you want a six speed transmission or nine speed transmission. The Honda Pilot is a bit smaller, but you can still pack five car seats in your baby mobile.
If you’re looking for a sedan, may we suggest the Honda Accord Hybrid? While the hybrid model costs a little more than the base Honda Accord, you gain more mileage while keeping all the cargo space. You can fit two car seats (or three narrow car seats) in the back row. This is the perfect car to visit grandma and grandpa safely and efficiently.
Infant Safety Equipment
The most important safety equipment you can own is a car seat that is appropriate for your child’s weight, height, and age. Always check your car seat’s guidelines for use and confirm it is the right fit for your child. As a rule of thumb:
- Children up to 2 years old should have a rear facing car seat.
- Children that are between 2 years old and 5 years old need a front facing car seat.
- After 5 years of age, the child needs a booster seat until the seat belt is appropriately fitted.
In all cases, the seat belt is critical in protecting your child. You also need to be sure that all car seats and booster seats are installed correctly. Until the child is at least 12 years of age, they need to be buckled in the back seat, not in the front near airbags. The safest spot in the vehicle is the middle of the back seat and should be used for all children.
Honda technology is designed for the protection of all passengers — including infants. Here are a few features that will give you peace of mind on the road:
- Adaptive Cruise Control – helps you maintain the desired speed and safe following-distance from other vehicles.
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ – helps avoid and/or lessen the severity of frontal impacts. Automatic seat belt tightening helps brace for a crash, if unavoidable.
- Road Departure System – assists with steering and braking to return the car to its lane or prevent veering off the road.
- Lane Keeping Assist System – subtly adjusts steering to keep you centered in your lane – especially helpful on long road trips.
Valley Honda Dealers
If you’re a parent, your children’s safety is always priority number one. Protect them on the road by utilizing the proper safety equipment and by choosing Honda. Your local Phoenix area Honda Dealer can help you find the perfect model that’ll keep your family safe. Find a Honda Dealer near you today.