A perennial leader in its class, the Honda Odyssey is certainly no stranger to four- and five-star reviews. Check out what all the experts say about the 2017 Honda Odyssey, and you’ll see why it’s one of the best-selling minivans that should be in your driveway. With the 2018 Odyssey on the verge of hitting our showroom floor, now’s the perfect time to take advantage of all the great deals on 2017’s version of this award-winning minivan!
A Truly Family-Friendly Minivan for the Ages
At U.S. News, the Odyssey sits right near the top, scoring minivan gold thanks to its refined ride and handling, a quality V6 that boasts solid horsepower, soft-touch cabin materials, and perhaps the best balancing of space and utility in all the land. In fact, the 2017 Odyssey is praised for having the most passenger space—it seats eight easily—in its segment. Perhaps that’s why it’s won seven straight Best Minivan for Families Awards.
Yay for the Odyssey’s Onboard Technology!
Inside the Odyssey, nothing is off kilter or underappreciated. Each piece of tech serves a purpose. In the rear, you’ll find the innovative HondaVac, a built-in vacuum to help suck up that Phoenix sand, old French fries, and straw wrappers. Rear-seat entertainment includes a DVD player and wireless headsets. You’ve even got convenient storage compartments and a hook to hang trash bags, which is essential for those long road trips.
The nav system is another noteworthy system that thecarconnection.com reviewers say “has an especially clear, intuitive display.” Our Valley Honda Dealers agree—it’s pretty fantastic, especially thanks to its use of Zagat, one of the largest “point-of-interest databases” in the world.
Loads of Safety Features
Earning five-star ratings across NHTSA’s board, the 2017 Odyssey boasts some of the segment’s best safety scores in its segment. It even brings over its IIHS Top Safety Pick qualifications over from the 2016 year. Credit goes to Honda’s engineers for developing and incorporating incredible safety features and driver-assist technology into the van, including the following:
- Honda LaneWatch – Switch your right turn signal on, and a small camera (on the passenger-side mirror) will feed video onto the Odyssey’s i-MID display, offering 400% more visibility.
- Blind Spot Information – A bright icon will be displayed on the side-view mirrors when there are vehicles or objects directly in the Odyssey’s blind spot.
- Forward Collision Warning – This system monitors the flow of traffic to alert you of any oncoming collision.
- Lane Departure Warning – The Odyssey will identify lane markers and warn you if you’re drifting away and into another lane.
- Rearview Camera with Guidelines – Standard across the Odyssey lineup, this rearview camera offers a guide to help you judge distance when parking or reversing.
Find Your Perfect 2017 Odyssey in Phoenix, AZ
Scoring a remarkable 9.2 at KBB, the best-selling Odyssey is the “undisputed champ” when it comes to treating passengers like kings. Your family deserves King-like quality, so why not request a quote on the 2017 Honda Odyssey? Browse our current Honda offers to find the best deal on the Odyssey minivan, then stop by one of our many Valley Honda Dealers locations throughout the Phoenix, Tempe, and Scottsdale areas to take it for a spin.
Sources & Photos: